Whilst Australian company Blackmagic Design has had runaway success with its ATEM Mini Pro hardware solution(s) for streaming video, Vegas Creative Software, has – somewhat belatedly – decided to use a software method to perform the same via its flagship Vegas Pro NLE.
Developed in conjunction with FX / titling wizards, New Blue, Vegas Stream is an add-on package to the main Vegas Pro NLE said to be “developed to serve the needs of content creators and broadcasters for multiple market categories, including the B2B market for corporate events, marketing and online team meetings; education markets looking for new, effective ways to connect with students and faculty, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic; and content creators looking for a more full-function, end-to-end live streaming production workflow for social media platforms such as YouTube Live, Facebook Live, Twitch, LinkedIn, Periscope, and other popular streaming platforms.”
As you can see from the screen shots, Vegas Stream has a clean, simple and full-featured workflow that lets users produce professional-calibre live stream productions complete with graphics, titles and imagery and it is relatively easy to distribute content to a wide variety of live-streaming platforms.
Key features in Vegas Stream include:
- Live switching between multiple video sources, with the option to be displayed in picture-in-picture layouts.
- Ability to stream to Microsoft Stream or any other RTMP destination, including Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Twitch, all while quickly adding professional-quality overlay graphics and dynamic live titles.
- Fluid integration with Social Media platforms enabling users to include live feeds from Twitter or Facebook directly into a live stream production.
- Integration with internal communications and messaging platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Skype, enabling productions to integrate messages and even live video from Microsoft Teams or Skype calls.
- Support for NDI sources as additional cameras, monitor feeds, and more.
Vegas Stream and Vegas Pro: The Post Production Experience
As well as connectivity with its NLE Vegas Pro, Vegas Creative Software has made sure there is tight integration with its post-production platform VEGAS POST Suite. When a live stream event is complete, users are able to send the recorded event to Vegas Pro or Vegas Post, with all visual effects, graphics, and titles in place for further editing and delivery.
Additionally, Magix Sound Forge Pro is included free with Vegas Pro letting users add sound and audio design to content. For customers not using Vegas Pro for post-production workflow, they can import recorded events to any major video editing platform.
Pricing and Availability
Vegas Stream is available as part of a bundled solution with both Vegas Pro 365 and Vegas Post 365 and on a subscription basis. Subscription pricing for the bundled Vegas Stream solutions – called Vegas Stream Pro 365 and VEGAS Stream POST 365 – is:
- VEGAS Stream Pro 365: $35.99/month, or $31.99/month with annual commitment;
- VEGAS Stream Post 365: $51.99/month, or $41.99/month with annual commitment.
All pricing is in USD$ by the way.
We have received a copy of Vegas Stream along with the latest versions of the other Vegas Creative s\Software products and as soon as possible will provide a complete review. We’ll also at a later stage provide a side-by-side comparison of Vegas Stream along with Blackmagic Design’s ATEM Mini Pro and Da Vinci Resolve.
For more information on Vegas Stream and to download a trial, please visit https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-stream/#productMenu .