BirdDog (www.BirdDog.tv) today announced the immediate availability of its newest NDI® PTZ cameras, the BirdDog P110 and P120. Debuted at NAB 2022 in Las Vegas, the BirdDog P110 and P120 set a new standard in format support, connection flexibility, and picture quality, while delivering excellent low light performance.
The BirdDog P110 and P120 both house a Sony Exmor R back-illuminated sensor and deliver a number of new features and benefits including:
- BirdDog’s custom NDI silicon;
- Four output options including NDI, SDI, HDMI for live production work, and UVC USB for connecting to Zoom & Teams;
- Output multiple flavors of NDI including Full NDI, NDI|HX2 and HX3, as well as other options including SRT, h.264, and Cloud Connect (coming soon);
- Support for FreeD output for AR/VR workflows;
- An OLED display to show the IP address;
- 360° degree mohawk tally, filter thread;
- Free Auto-Tracking available;
- Both cameras support NDI5 natively.
Key differences between the two models are their respective optical zoom capability; the BirdDog P110 features a 10x optical zoom capability, while the P120 features a 20x optical zoom.
Professional, Broadcast-Caliber Features
The BirdDog P110 and P120 cameras also feature a number of features that add significant value to a professional live event production, from live sporting and concert events, to large enterprise corporate event production. Select features include:
- BirdDog Dashboard with Heads Up Display: Both the P110 and P120 feature a comprehensive interface that provides system statistics such as the number of active connections, current bandwidth usage, and network traffic, and presented in an intuitive way to give users valuable insights at a quick glance.
- RUDP: Support for Reliable User Datagram Protocol reduces overall network load as not every packet needs to be acknowledged by every receiver. RUDP has error correction built in for smoothness and maximum reliability.
- NDI Genlock: With NDI Genlock, users can select an NDI source to be the timing master to provide more predictable timing in multi camera environments.
- FreeD: FreeD is a protocol for sending PTZ positioning data to AR/VR systems including Unreal Engine, Brainstorm, Vizrt’s Viz Virtual Studio, and many more. Both the P110 and P120 now support FreeD built directly into The Dashboard.
- NDI Video Scopes: All P110 and P120 cameras can generate scopes in-camera to send out as NDI, NDI Proxy, or both. This allows for monitoring scopes on the NDI Proxy while sending a clean main NDI feed simultaneously. Users can choose from Histogram, Waveform, Vectorscope, or RGB Parade and the position on the NDI stream.
- 360° Mohawk Tally: Innovative new Mohawk Tally gives a full 360 degree view to eliminate the guesswork of which camera users need to be talking to.
- Unique Numbering System: Removable silicon numbers at the back of the P110 and P120 give additional Tally vision and allow switcher operators to easily identify cameras.
- OLED Display: Convenient OLED displays allow for information such as IP Address, Device Name, Stream Name, Resolution, and Frame Rate. This feature can also be accessed in The Dashboard.
- Most Formats Now Supported: Along with Full NDI, the P110 and P120 will soon support a significant number of formats including NDI|HX2, NDI|HX3, SRT, H.264 for low bandwidth requirements.
- Globally Connected. No computers needed: By adding a BirdDog Cloud subscription, users can now access the PTZ cameras and all features from anywhere in the world with no additional computers needed on the camera side.
- Sophisticated Color Tools: The P110 and P120 host an expansive set of color tools. With 64 levels of saturation and hue control over red, green, blue, cyan, yellow, and magenta, users can shade and match PF120 cameras like a professional colorist. Kelvin control is also available.
- FREE Cam Control: The BirdDog Cam Control app offers simple, user-friendly features for dialing in to BirdDog cameras. Simply load on a Windows 10 machine on the same network as the BirdDog cameras and access all functions of the camera through a beautiful interface. Quickly dial in the look you like and copy settings across multiple cameras in seconds. And it is free with all BirdDog cameras.
Pricing and Availability
BirdDog’s new P110 and P120 NDI PTX cameras are available immediately and priced as follows:
- P110: $1799.00 USD
- P120: $1899.00 USD
For more detailed information on BirdDog’s lineup of NDI workflow solutions, please visit http://www.BirdDog.tv/.