Regular readers know here at Australian Videocamera we are fans of Australian company Blackmagic Design. As we know, Blackmagic Design has been very successful worldwide, but today we received an email detailing just how successful and it is staggering!
Consider these numbers for a company that started in a garage in Melbourne in 2001:
- Turnover for 2020/2021 expected to be $700 million
- Net Profit 2019/2020 was $72.7 million – 4x the previous year
- 90% of all Hollywood films use Blackmagic Design gear including Mulan, Jojo Rabbit and The Walking Dead.
- It has just opened up 3 new manufacturing plants and all manufacturing is in-house
- Uses 20 robots in manufacturing (Singapore, Indonesia, Australia)
- More than 1500 staff
And all this despite a global pandemic. Impressive I’d say. And of course, Blackmagic Design, as well as superb products, also makes the uber NLE Da Vinci Resolve free of charge.