In the various Facebook and other newsgroups we regularly visit and contribute to , we are always amazed at the frequency of the same or similar questions over and over.
Sometimes it is easy to forget that not everyone has been in the filmmaking, editing, audio or associated disciplines game for ever.
And of course there is now a plethora of “new breed” people shooting with nothing more than a smartphone or so-called “action cam” from their top pocket or backpack.
So, we have put together a compendium of hints, tips, tutorials, explainers and interviews from experts around the world in a special bumper 50+ page edition of Australian Videocamera.
And it’s free!
The Table of Contents:
- Explained: Depth of Field, ISO, Aperture
- Tutorial: Creating Titles
- Explained: Motion Tracking
- Feature: Just Like Top Gear (or The Grand Tour)
- Tutorial: So You Want To Shoot Motor Sport
- Tutorial: The Good The Bad & The Ugly – What / What Not To Do
- Tutorial: Audio For Action Cam Shooting
- Explainer: Which Mic to Use When?
- Explainer: Audio Compression
- Tutorial: Shooting Celestial Objects Such as Moon, Planets, Stars
- Interview: Tony Jordan (Life on Mars, East Enders, Minder etc)
- Hints and Tips: Shooting Video With a Smartphone
You can download (17MB) it from our Online Store page. You’ll also have the option to register so from now on you’ll get ALL editions of Australian Videocamera (monthly) also FREE via interactive PDF.
If you think this is a great idea and want more, we are also thinking of something similar for hardware reviews and software reviews – a whole bunch of each in their own dedicated mag once a year.
Let us know in the comments below.
While we have you, on our “Donate” page we have four options: $5, $10, $20 and $50 donation buttons via PayPal (which also allows payment via VISA and Mastercard etc. These are in US$ by the way).
If you decide we are worth a small ONE-OFF donation via this method, we would greatly appreciate it and will allow us to continue at the same professional level we have strived for for almost 14 years now!
More information as to WHY we have added this option is on the Donate page.