For years now, I have used Techsmith Camtasia and Snagit (paid versions I hasten to add) to create graphics for Australian Videocamera’s website, e-magazine and the paper mag before that.
In these particularly odd times, Techmsith just sent me an email advising they are helping organizations and academic institutions who are preparing for prolonged absences and/or campus closures due to COVID-19.
In short, Techsmith is offering free access and expanded usage of tools that help enable business and educational continuity through June 30, 2020 to any organization that needs it.
- Create training content, tutorials, lessons and step-by-step instructions
- Record meetings and presentations, including your webcam to keep a personal element
- Create how to training materials, software walkthroughs, and demos
- Pre-record academic lectures or supplemental learning content to share with students
- Create instructions on how to use online learning platforms, or remote working software
- Replace in-person meetings with online review of recorded presentations
- Keep conversations and collaboration happening asynchronously
- Get email notifications when students or colleagues leave questions or comments
- Allow viewers to mark up videos with arrows and shapes to help explain comments
- Mark comments as resolved as decisions are made
For more information, interested people can go to Request Free TechSmith Software