On a regular annual basis I write a piece on how most people have no idea of all the features and functions of their gadgets and apps / software, and that you can gain HEAPS by reading the manual or online PDF etc.
This year I have been beaten to the punch by GoPro, which has released a blog post on that very subject relating to Hero 9 Black, GoPro MAX and other models in the range.
Below is a summary, but if you want to read the whole thing and get extensive information on each, nip over to https://gopro.com/en/us/news/things-you-didnt-know-your-gopro-can-do
- Chillax while GoPro automatically uploads your content to the cloud.*
- You can turn your camera on andstart recording with one press of the shutter.
- You can mouth off to your GoPro, and it WILL respond!
- What’s a HiLight tag? Only the best way to mark your favorite moments while you’re recording.
- Go vertical for TikTok and the ‘gram.
- Give your stabilization a boost.
- Add some flair with Capture Presets and On-Screen Shortcuts.
- Your GoPro can turn back time.
- It takes two … fingers to change presets without using the rear touch screen.
- Give the rear display a tap-tap-taparoo to lock exposure.
- GoPros are waterproof and mountable straight outta the box.
- Water and GoPros go together like PB&J. But, like peanut butter, sometimes water can be runny and cause you to slip into another mode.
- Tell us you’ve mastered TimeWarp without telling us you’ve mastered TimeWarp.
- Shoot to impress by abiding by the Rule of Thirds.
- Only you can prevent light flicker.
- Set your self(ie) up for success by tailoring your photo mode to the environment or output you want.
- You can command your GoPro to do reallycool things with QR codes. GoPro
- Feeling overworked after trying all these GoPro hacks? Let your camera take a breather with a reset.
Finally, we’ve all been there with electronics—sometimes they just need a hard reset. Press and hold power button for 10 seconds to reset your GoPro.