DaVinci Resolve from Blackmagic Design has thress main section – video editing, visualk effects and audio. Three major in-depth books giving tutorials on each can now be downloaded free of charge from the BMD website.
The Beginner’s Guide to DaVinci Resolve 17
This step-by-step training guide covers high speed editing on the revolutionary new cut page, which is designed for fast turn around work. You’ll also learn how to use the traditional edit page for more sophisticated projects, along with DaVinci Resolve’s legendary color correction, Fusion VFX and Fairlight audio tools so you can start creating your own Hollywood caliber film and video today!
What You’ll Learn
• Use the cut page’s intelligent editing tools for faster editing.
• Edit multiple angles in a scene with the cut page’s revolutionary sync bin.
• Eliminate hunting for clips in bins by using the source tape on the cut page.
• Set up projects, import media, and apply metadata to speed up your work.
• Marking selections, editing clips in the timeline, and context-sensitive trimming
• Working with titles, adding effects, and animating with keyframes
• Retime clips, add transitions, and stabilize shaky clips
• Primary and secondary corrections using Resolve’s legendary color tools
• Match shots, use color management, create looks, and manage complex grades
• Apply PowerWindows, track objects in a shot, use curves, and add ResolveFX
• Create visual effects in Fusion using node-based workflows
• Audio editing, sweetening, and mixing using Fairlight audio tools
• Deliver projects to a variety of formats such as the web and broadcast
• Dozens of tips and tricks throughout the book that will transform how you work!
This book is designed for both beginners and professionals. Beginners will find clear and concise lessons to get you up and running quickly. If you’re a professional switching from another system, you’ll find lessons that cover everything from basic editing and trimming to working with audio, adding text, effects, and more. You’ll also find dozens of pro tips and tricks that will help you make the switch to DaVinci Resolve!
The Visual Effects Guide to DaVinci Resolve 17
This official hands-on training guide teaches you how to create visual effects and motion graphics using the Fusion page in DaVinci Resolve 17. You’ll learn how to use the advanced tools for compositing, animating titles and 2D graphics, generating particle systems and 3D effects for use in feature films, music videos, commercials, and much more.
What You’ll Learn
- Navigation of the Fusion page interface.
Combining optimal takes with the split screens technique.
• Tracking objects using the point tracker and planar tracker.
• Compositing with multilayer PSD files.
• Advanced sky and sign replacement.
• Green screen compositing with the Delta Keyer and auxiliary mattes.
• Rotoscoping to produce clean traveling mattes.
• Animating 2D and 3D text.
• Creating a film credit roll.
• Working in a 3D environment with cameras, lights, and textures.
• Performing 3D camera tracking and integrating set extensions.
• Building fantastic particle effects.
• Applying LUTs and Resolve color management.
• Setting up node pipelines that are processor efficient.
- Dozens of tips and tricks throughout the book that will transform how you work!
This book is designed for compositors, editors, colorists, or any artists wanting to learn how to create visual effects and motion graphics in DaVinci Resolve 17. Beginners will find clear and concise lessons to get up and running quickly. If you’re a professional switching from another application, you’ll find lessons that cover everything from basic titling and motion graphics to keying, sky replacement, 3D camera tracking, and more.
Download now from: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/au/products/davinciresolve/training
The Fairlight Audio Guide to DaVinci Resolve 17
This official Blackmagic Design hands on training guide will teach you the art of sound editing, sweetening, recording, mixing, and delivering. Beginning audio editors and assistants will find clear, workflow driven lessons, while seasoned audio professionals will quickly learn Fairlight’s user friendly tools to create incredible soundtracks.
What You’ll Learn
• Navigating and customizing the Fairlight page.
• Creating and modifying tracks.
• Marking and editing source audio.
• Connecting to external sound libraries.
• Setting up and recording voiceover and ADR tracks.
• Working with audio track layers to stack, split, and build a composite.
• Evaluating and setting channel mapping for multichannel clips.
• Balancing and normalizing dialogue tracks.
• Finding and fixing common issues with the Edit Selection tool.
• Repairing and replacing unwanted sounds like clicks, pops, and hums.
• Creating your own sound effects using the oscillator and FairlightFX.
• Enhancing and sweetening tracks with EQ and dynamics.
• Adding depth and dimension with time based effects.
• Automating track changes over time.
• Working with buses to simplify mixing.
• Finishing your soundtrack, bouncing tracks, and delivering a final mix.
• Exploring Dolby Atmos integration.
• Dozens of tips and real world techniques!
This book is designed for both beginners and professionals. Beginners will find clear and concise lessons to get you up and running quickly. If you’re a professional switching from another system, you’ll find lessons that cover everything from recording and editing tracks, to advanced dialogue repair, routing to aux and submix buses, and linking mono track groups for multichannel finishing. You’ll also find dozens of pro tips and tricks that will help you work faster!