RØDE Microphones has introduced the NTG5, a brand-new addition to its range of shotgun microphones.
Featuring a new acoustic port design providing superior progressive wave interference, ultra-lightweight construction, and crystal clear, broadcast-grade sound, the NTG5 is aimed at the professional user.
KEY FEATURES OF THE RØDE NTG5:
- Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Extremely lightweight (just 76g), short shotgun microphone (just 203mm), making it far easier to handle on set than other shotgun mics, especially when used on a boom pole.
- Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dbA, making it ideal for location recording, professional filmmaking, and other critical recording situations.
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response.
- RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse weather conditions.
- Comes in a complete location recording kit with windshield, pistol grip and other accessories – the NTG5 is ready to take into the field right out of the box.
The NTG5 is USD$499 and is shipping now. More information is at www.rode.com