A while back we segmented off stories on our Home page into areas such as The Studio, The Sound Stage, The Editing Suite, Tutorials, Special FX Lab and the Green Room. We are adding a new one considering the take up due to the combination of lockdown and work at home called “Streaming”. We have been told by those in the business this is the fastest growing area now which is not surprising hence this decision.
We are also going to add a lot of video-based tutorials covering not just streaming but also for 3rd party plugins, shooting, lighting and audio techniques plus editing tips.
In the area of editing, a longer-term plan is to bring in info and tips etc on editing packages. We have been a Vegas Pro house here for a long time, so we have decided to expand this, and are looking at packages such as AVID Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Corel VideoStudio and if the demand is there, Final Cut X, EDIUS and others.
Other sections we will be expanding are the “Action Cam” and Drone markets and we are aiming to bring you more interviews and case studies.
Australian Videocamera e-Magazine
An extension of this plan then is to make the e-magazine PDF of Australian Videocamera a quarterly publication emailed out. It will grow to ideally to 64 pages made up of:
- A minimum 8 pages of camcorder / camera hardware-oriented info and reviews
- 4 pages of “other” hardware such as tripods, lighting, vision mixers, switches, field monitors, camera bags etc.
- 12 pages on NLE software as a combo of reviews, tips and tricks and techniques, with dedicated pages for Vegas Pro, Adobe Premiere, DaVinci Resolve, Corel Videostudio, AVID Media Composer and pages for mobile editors
- 10 pages for motion graphics and compositing with dedicated pages for Adobe After Effects, Blackmagic Design Fusion, ProDAD products and Reallusion products
- 8 pages for plugins including those from Red Giant and Boris FX
- 4 pages for Action Cam / Drone reviews, techniques, reviews etc
- 2 pages for audio such as Audition, Audacity, Sound Forge, Smartsound, Samplitude etc
- 6 dedicated pages for user techniques in lighting, audio, shooting, VR, 360° shooting etc
- 4 pages for industry people interviews
- Pages for industry news and press releases.
I’d love your feedback on this. I have created a Poll on our Facebook page and all who fill it out and leave their email address will go into the draw to win a 12 month subscription to BorisFX Sapphire!