Tonight, GoPro announced its new flagship camera, HERO10 Black, which features the company’s new high-performance GP2 processor. GP2 delivers breakthrough image quality and blistering video frame rates that enable HERO10 Black to capture life-like 5.3K video at 60 frames per second, 4K video at 120 frames per second and 2.7K video at an incredible 240 frames per second. The new processor also enables HyperSmooth 4.0 video stabilisation, setting a new bar once again and all but ensuring HERO10 Black captures the smoothest shake-free video you’ve ever seen from any camera, regardless of price.
HERO10 Black boasts higher resolution 23 megapixel photos, improved low-light performance and a significantly snappier user interface—all thanks to the increased performance of the camera’s all-new GP2 processor.
HERO10 is also cloud connected—when plugged in to charge, the camera will automatically upload recently captured footage to your GoPro cloud account. This feature, along with unlimited cloud backup of your GoPro footage at original quality, is available for GoPro subscribers for $69.99 AUD annually or $7.49 AUD a month.
HERO10 Black is available globally for $599.95 AUD with an included one-year
GoPro Subscription or $749.95 AUD without a subscription. Existing GoPro subscribers can purchase HERO10 Black at the lower $599.95 AUD price on GoPro.com.
“HERO10 Black is one of the most impressive cameras in the world, regardless of price,” said Nicholas Woodman, GoPro founder and CEO. “Congratulations to our product and engineering teams on creating such a worthy 10th edition of our beloved HERO camera.”
Breakthrough Image Quality and Video Stabilisation
HERO10 Black’s all-new GP2 processor combines with an ultra-high resolution 23.6 megapixel sensor to enable shockingly life-like image quality. The camera’s highest video resolution of 5.3K delivers 91% more resolution than 4K and 665% more resolution than 1080p HD at an impressive 60 frames per second—allowing for fluid playback and 2X slow motion. 4K video can be captured at 120 frames per second (4X slow motion) and 2.7K video can be captured at 240 frames per second (8X slow motion).
The new GP2 processor also enables improved video algorithms featuring local tone mapping (LTM) and 3D noise reduction (3DNR) that capture finer detail, more realistic textures and better contrast—even in low light.
In addition to 23 megapixel photos, HERO10 Black enables 19.6 megapixel video stills to be pulled from 5K 4:3 video and 15.8 megapixel video stills from 60-frames-per-second 5.3K video—ideal for capturing amazing still images of sports and fast-paced activities.
GoPro’s shockingly good in-camera video stabilisation gets an upgrade to HyperSmooth 4.0, ensuring that HERO10 Black smooths out even your most shake-ladened experiences. The camera’s in-camera horizon leveling feature benefits from an increased tilt limit of 45° in high-performance settings, up from 27°, helping even your most chaotic video footage look professionally smooth and steady.
Faster Access to Your GoPro Content
HERO10 Black offers three ways to conveniently access your photos and videos, including:
- Auto uploading your most recent footage to your GoPro cloud account while the camera is charging
- Wireless offloading from the camera to the Quik app at speeds up to 30% faster with HERO10 Black
- A new USB wired offload option that transfers content from the camera to the Quik app on your phone at speeds up to 50% faster than wireless
Plastic-Free Packaging with Reusable Case
GoPro is committed to environmentally conscious, plastic-free packaging for all of its products. HERO10 Black’s packaging isn’t even packaging per se, rather it’s a high-quality, durable travel case that’s designed to fit additional GoPro mounts and accessories.
“We’re as committed to reducing GoPro’s impact on the environment as we are to producing the world’s most versatile cameras and imaging software solutions,” said Woodman.
HERO10 Black Features:
- All-New GP2 Processor
- Video: 5.3K60, 4K120, 2.7K240
- Video Stills: Up to 6 megapixels
- Photos: 23 megapixels
- Improved Low Light Performance
- Local Tone Mapping (LTM) and 3D Noise Reduction (3DNR)
- Next-Gen HyperSmooth 0 Video Stabilisation
- Increased 45° Horizon Leveling Tilt Limit in 4K60, 7K120 and 1080p120 Video
- Front Colour Display with Higher Frame Rates for Smoother Live Preview of Your Shots
- Faster, More Responsive Rear Touch Display with Touch Zoom
- Faster Content Transfer
- 3 Ways to Transfer Content: Cloud Upload, Wireless Offload and New Wired Transfer to Your Phone
- New Protective Lens Cover with Hydrophobic, Water-Shedding Design
- Removable, Rechargeable 1720mAh Battery
- TimeWarp 0 featuring Real Speed and Half Speed
- 1080p Livestream featuring HyperSmooth 0. Video Stabilisation
- 1080p Webcam Mode
- Power Tools: HindSight, LiveBurst, Scheduled Capture and Duration Capture
- SuperPhoto + HDR
- Night Lapse Video
- RAW Photos
- Digital Lenses Providing Ultra-Wide (SuperView), Wide, Linear and Narrow Perspectives
- Voice Control with 13 commands in 11 languages + 6 accents
- 3 Microphones with Advanced Wind-Noise Reduction
- Stereo + RAW Audio
- Custom Presets + On-Screen Shortcuts
- Built-in Folding Mounting Fingers for Attaching the Camera to GoPro Mounts
- Rugged + Waterproof to 33ft (10m)
- Fast-Charging Compatible
- Compatible with Media Mod, Display Mod, Light Mod and Max Lens Mod (support coming in post-launch firmware update)
HERO10 Black Million Dollar Challenge
For the fourth year in a row, GoPro is challenging its users to create the launch highlight reel for its new flagship camera. Open exclusively to owners of HERO10 Black, the Million Dollar Challenge will award an equal share of $1,000,000 USD to entrants whose video clips are chosen for the HERO10 Black Million Dollar Challenge video that will be released in December 2021.
Beginning today, HERO10 Black users are invited to capture and submit their video clips for consideration to the Million Dollar Challenge on GoPro.com/MillionDollarChallenge.
Submissions close Dec. 2 at 4:59 AM AEST.
Subscribing to GoPro
With a GoPro Subscription, customers enjoy the ultimate HERO10 Black experience:
- Auto upload to the cloud while the camera is charging
- Unlimited cloud backup of your photos and videos at original quality
- Unlimited use of the Quik app, including Premium Editing Tools
- No-questions-asked damaged camera replacement
- Discounts on new camera purchases
- Up to 50% off GoPro mounts, accessories and lifestyle gear at com
- Premium quality 1080p live streaming to a subscriber’s account at com
- VIP customer support
The GoPro subscription is available for $69.99 AUD annually or $7.49 AUD a month.
HERO10 Black is on sale internationally starting today at GoPro.com and select retailers. The camera retails for $599.95 AUD with an included one-year GoPro subscription or $749.95 AUD without a subscription. Existing GoPro subscribers can purchase HERO10 Black at the lower $599.95 AUD price on GoPro.com.