Sony today announced the latest addition to its E-mount full-frame lens line-up with the introduction of a FE 35mm F1.8 large-aperture wide-angle prime lens, model SEL35F18F.
The compact and lightweight design of this full-frame, large-aperture prime lens, provides mobility and convenience for shooting a wide range of subjects from everyday snapshots, food photography, landscapes, night scenes and more. The new lens provides outstanding corner-to-corner image quality from a maximum F1.8 aperture and its quiet autofocus and tenacious tracking performance makes it a great choice for both stills and movie shooting. Its small size means it is equally suited to APS-C as well as full-frame bodies, offering a 52.5mm equivalent focal length that is perfect for snapshots, portraits and more.
High resolution and large-aperture full-frame performance in compact and lightweight lens
- Large F1.8 maximum aperture, weighing in at just 280 grams and measuring 65.6 mm (diameter) by 73.0mm (length); this new lens sets a new standard for portability.
- Smart optical construction including an aspherical element to suppress aberration and deliver high resolution throughout the entire image frame; 9-blade circular aperture enables beautiful bokeh.
- Minimum focus distance of 0.22m and maximum magnification of 0.24x offer easy access to the world of close-up photography.
Versatile control and handling for a wide range of imaging needs
- Conveniently placed, customisable focus hold button and a focus mode switch for instantaneous switching between auto and manual focus.
- Linear Response Manual Focus for fine, responsive manual focus control.
- Dust and moisture resistant design adds to the versatility and reliability of this new lens and instils a feeling of confidence in the user.
Quiet AF with excellent tracking for movies as well as stills
- Fast, precise and quiet linear-motor AF drive system for precise focus for both stills and movies where “wobbling” is employed for delicate continuous focus control.
“With this launch, we now have 34 full-frame lenses in our line-up and 52 E-Mount lenses in total including our APS-C range,” said Jun Yoon, Head of Digital Imaging, Sony ANZ. “The new 35mm prime combines outstanding corner-to-corner sharpness with a compact design, making it an ideal choice for a variety of shooters. This launch reinforces Sony’s commitment to innovation in the industry as we open more doors for creators to realise their vision.”
Pricing and availability
Australian pricing and availability for the FE 35mm F1.8 is to be confirmed